Make these adorable Reindeer Candy Canes for friends and family and watch the smiles that follow! These are cute, simple and very cheap to make!
These Reindeer Candy Canes are completely adorable! They make the perfect gift for friends, family, playgroups or class mates at school. They also look totally cute hanging on the Christmas tree. Best of all, they are quick and simple to make! Perfect!
We made 40 (yes 40!) of these for Charlie’s classmates and teachers last week. I needed something that was quick and stress-free to make and these were so simple that Charlie was able help out. We had a great time making them together. Charlie was so excited to take them to school and when he handed them out, they were an instant hit with everyone!
HOW TO MAKE REINDEER CANDY CANES
- Candy Canes
- brown wool, thread or string
- small red pom poms
- googly eyes
- sewing needle with a large eye, like a darning needle (optional)
Step by step how to make reindeer candy canes:
- Position two candy canes side by side so that the curve of the canes point outwards in opposite directions.
- Wrap brown thread (I used tapestry wool but any type of brown wool, embroidery thread or string will work just fine) around the two canes to make a reindeer “face”. I wrapped mine to about an inch wide.
- To secure the thread at the back, once I had finished wrapping the wool I threaded it into a darning needle and threaded it through the wraps to secure it. This meant I didn’t have to tie any knots, and the overall look was smooth and neat.
- Glue on two googly eyes and one pom pom “nose” and that’s it!
If you love these Reindeer Candy Canes then don’t miss our other fun Christmas crafts and ideas!