If your kids are anything like mine, then they LOVE jokes – the sillier the better. Charlie loves making up his own nonsense riddles and knock knock jokes and when he learns a new one, you can guarantee we will be hearing it about 500 times a day! I love surprising him with a new joke on the drive home from school or at dinner time to add some extra giggles to our night. I’ve compiled a list of 50 hilarious jokes for kids – some of these are Charlie’s favourites, along with some absolute gems passed along to me by other Mums at Charlie’s school and some fellow blogging buddies of mine. Enjoy!
What’s your child’s favourite joke? Share in the comments below and lets spread the laughs!
50 Hilarious Jokes for Kids
1. Where do sheep go to get their hair cut?
To the baa-baa shop!
2. What is a pirate’s favourite letter?
3. Why are leopards so bad at playing hide and seek?
Because they’re always spotted!
4. Why did the boy take a ladder to school?
Because he though it was a HIGH school!
5. What time do you go to the dentist?
6. Why did the banana go to the doctor?
Because he wasn’t peeling very well!
7. What kind of button can you not undo?
A belly button!
8. What kind of keys can’t open locks?
Monkeys! (or donkeys or turkeys!)
9. Knock, knock
Juno how to open this door? It’s stuck!
10. Knock, knock
Scott nothing to do with you!
11. Knock, knock
Orange you glad I didn’t say apple?
12. What type of jam can’t be eaten?
A traffic jam!
13. Knock, knock
Ivana come in, please open the door!
14. Why can’t you trust atoms?
They make up everything!
15. What kind of witch do you find at the beach?
16. What keeps rock stars cool?
17. What has two hands but no arms?
18. Where do cows like to go on the weekend?
To the MOOvies!
19. What do cows like to listen to on their headphones?
MOOsic of course!
20. Why did the scarecrow win an award?
Because he was the best in his field!
21. Knock, knock
Doris locked! Please let me in!
22. Knock, knock
23. What do you call a sleeping bull?
A bull dozer!
24. Knock, knock
Ken I come in? It’s raining out here!
25. What time is it when an elephant sits on your fence?
Time to get a new one!
26. What type of dog can tell the time?
A watch dog!
27. Knock, knock
Oh, don’t cry! It’s only a knock, knock joke!
28. What do you call an alligator wearing a vest?
29. What kind of nut has no shell?
30. What do elephants have that no other animals have?
31. Why are fish so smart?
Because they live in schools!
32. What is the biggest kind of ant?
33. What gets wetter the more it dries?
34. Knock, knock
Pizza really great guy!
35. Who absolutely loves cocoa?
A coconut, of course!
36. Why did the burglar take a bath?
Because he wanted to make a clean getaway!
37. Knock, knock
Little old lady.
Little old lady who?
Hey, I didn’t know you could yodel!
38. What do you call a baby insect?
A baby buggy!
39. Knock, knock
Lettuce in, it’s freezing out here!
40. What kind of beans don’t grown in the garden?
41. What do pigs use to write a letter?
42. What runs but cannot walk?
43. What piece of wood is like a king?
44. What kind of fish is famous?
A STAR fish!
45. How did the ocean say goodbye?
46. What type of phone can’t be used to call a friend?
47. What has teeth but does not bite?
48. What do you do with a space man?
You park in it, man!
49. What do you call a dinosaur with only one eye?
50. Why was the teacher cross eyed?
Because he couldn’t control his pupils!
A big shout out and thank you to Debs at Learn with Play at Home, Kate at and Danya at Go Science Girls for contributing to this list! Be sure to check out Go Science Girls for even more hilarious jokes for kids!
Looking for more simple play ideas? We’d love for you to join us on Facebook , Pinterest or Twitter where you will find lots of fun activities for kids to play, learn, create and explore.
Subscribe to One Perfect Day by email and our activities will be delivered straight to you inbox.
Enter your email address:Delivered by FeedBurner